Wigwam Turns Back Clock to Mark 50th Anniversary
Kicking off a summer of festivities, The Wigwam Golf Club invites golf enthusiasts to join in commemorating the 50th anniversary of its iconic Gold and Patriot courses with Throwback with Bunkerville, an event Memorial Day weekend May 22 through May 24 that includes a two-person scramble tournament complete with tournament prizes, Stay & Play packages, entertainment and more.
All proceeds from the tournament’s Mulligan ticket sales will benefit Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
booked that night to benefit Fighter Country Partnership, to support the men, women, families and mission of Luke Air Force Base.
“The Wigwam originally featured just one 18-hole golf course, which was transformed into two separate courses, the Gold and Patriot, by master designer Robert Trent Jones Sr. in 1965,” said Leo Simonetta, Wigwam’s director of golf.
“The Gold and Patriot are true parkland courses woven in and around the natural terrain of trees, lakes, canals and streams. Wigwam is thrilled to celebrate their golden anniversary with fellow golfers who appreciate this rich history as we do, and look forward to introducing these storied courses to those who have yet to experience their magic.”
The weekend’s festivities:
- Lunch, raffle, music by the Big Break’s Rob West and awards celebration;
- Unveiling of historic photos and golf memorabilia;
- Contests and giveaways for guests which feature prizes such as Stay & Play packages, $50 gift cards to Wigwam Golf, HgO and more;
- Live entertainment and dancing with True to Life Band, acoustic guitar with Mary Hoffman and Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues & Country from 60’s to today’s hits with Sunday Drive
- Lunch at the new Red’s Bar and Grill
- Fun “Throwback” activities
- Live Bunker to Bunker Radio remote during the tournament and festivities
- Golden Ticket kickoff
“We have a new superintendent, Jason Snyder, and the conditions are better than they have ever been,” said Simonetta. “The great golf certainly won’t stop after Throwback with Bunkerville.
“We have plans for the whole summer that include weekly promotions and special rates the whole family can enjoy!”
Every Thursday, Wigwam Golf will feature special greens fees rates of $19.65 in commemoration of the year 1965, when the Gold and Patriot courses first opened.
Additionally, every Sunday after 3 p.m., kids can play one round for free with the purchase of an adult round at $25.
On May 25, Wigwam kicks off the Summer Splash stay package, which includes rates starting at just $99 plus discounts on cabana rentals, golf, spa and more.
For information on the Gold and Patriot 50th anniversary events and offers, including to register for the tournament, visit www.bunkergolf.com.
Original Article by Your West Valley.